What is the Stopgap Academy?
We are a group of teachers who have YouTube channels and are planning how we can support students and teachers following the government closure of all schools owing to COVID -19
We are not trying to replace teachers, just make everyones life a bit easier.
Who to follow
For daily updates on what is happening when and notifications on livestreams
This is our general plan...
- We’ll post polls to determine the topic covered
- We teach on YouTube, teaching lesson exactly as we would in the classroom
- Work will then be suggested for students to do
- We will provide support on social media
We are all teachers with years of experience in the classroom and on YouTube
GCSE Maths - Trigonometry Calculating Sides
GCSE Biology - The heart, Structure and function
GCSE Chemistry - Displacement Reactions
GCSE Physics - Subatomic particles
A-Level Biology - Gas Exchange in Fish
A-Level Chemistry - Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Alcohols
These can be used by a whole school with a single purchase, starting at just £0.49
What to do now...
- Share this with as any people as possible.
- Follow all the teachers on as many social media platforms as you can
- Get resources ready, use the links to download and either print them off for students to use at home or put them on the school VLE. Workbooks start from £2.49 and can be used by everyone, predicted papers are 99p and can be printed off as much as you like.
- Think about more vulnerable students, are they able to access the VLE or do they need to have resources printed for them.